Biad Chili Tough Book of Green Chile Recipes. This recipe for Green Chile Avocado Salsa, by Sandi Lanning of New Mexico, was given to us courtesy of the Biad Chili Tough Book of Green Chile Recipes, where 100% of the cookbook sale proceeds goes to help fund Breast Cancer Research. Support a great cause and order your cookbook today.
- 8 each roasted, peeled & chopped green chiles (you choose the heat)
- 3 each ripe, (but not mushy) chopped avocados
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2 each garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 each plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 each tomatillos (chopped)
- 1 tbs cumin
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (1 tbs dried)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ each lime (juice only)
- ¼ cup olive oil
(1) In a large bowl add the chile, onion, garlic, avocado, tomatillos, and tomatoes.
(2) Add the lime juice and spices mix lightly.
(3) Finally, add the olive oil and mix until distributed evenly.
(4) Serve with warm tortilla chips. Enjoy!
The Biad Chili Tough Book of Green Chile Recipes can be purchased online at:
Biad Chili Products