Located adjacent to the NMSU campus, Doña Ana Community College in Las Cruces provides occupational training with Associates Degrees in many skilled areas plus numerous non-credit continuing education courses. Today’s student enrollment is 4,000 full time students and 10,000 continuing education students. Specifically, the mission of the community college is incorporated into the following:
- To provide students with vocational-technical education opportunities leading to economic independence in the community. We offer training for employment, retraining and upgrading for occupational and career development.
- To provide developmental studies to help students develop self-confidence and perform successfully in their chosen academic or occupational fields of study.
- To provide occupational training for high school students under agreement with area independent school districts.
- To provide educational services under contract with local business, industry and government in support of economic development.
- To provide free access to adult basic education programs for those who have not completed high school or who wish to improve their personal skills. We offer high school equivalency, English as a second language, functional literacy and citizenship assistance.
- To provide community service and continuing education programs in response to the needs of the community. We offer short courses, workshops and seminars of an enrichment or occupational nature throughout the area.
Adult Basic Education Division:
The Adult Basic Education Division (ABE) of Doña Ana Community College (DACC), is an award-winning division that offers adults the opportunity to begin and/or complete a basic education through the twelfth grade. The foundation of our program is based on student success.
General Studies Division:
Developmental Studies is the entryway for a diverse group of students into college. By providing instruction and assistance in communications, mathematics, and study skills, we develop students’ competence in academic problem-solving promote independent thinking foster confidence in the pursuit of further learning To meet new challenges, maintain standards, & retain students, we actively seek professional development, review curriculum, and assess and evaluate the quality of our services.
DACC offers technical studies programs in:
- Automotive Technology
- Digital Graphics Technology
- Drafting and Graphics Technology
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electronics Technology
- Facilities and Maintenance Technology
- Landscape Technology
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Manufacturing Technology
- Water Technology
- Welding Technology
Health And Public Service:
The Health and Public Service division offers a total of 15 associate degrees. Associate nursing degrees offered are:
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care
- EMS Paramedic
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Public Health
Certificates can be earned in Health Care Assistant, Nursing Assistant, Practical Nursing, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Dental Assisting and Emergency Medical Services.
This area provides the foundation for a career in education. Three associate degrees are offered:
- Education Associates
- Early Childhood Education Associates
- Educational Paraprofessional Associates
Protective Service careers are vital to the safety and well-being of our community. New options are being added to both the Fire Science and Law Enforcement programs. In addition, the Fire Science Program is one of only seven accredited programs in the nation. Associate degrees offered include:
- Fire Science Technology
- Law Enforcement
- Corrections and Criminal Justice
Doña Ana Community College
Las Cruces Central Campus
3400 South Espina St.
PO Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003
(575) 527-7515( fax)
(800) 903-7503( toll free NM)
Additional information about all 37 of the academic degree programs is provided online at the DACC website. Please explore program information as well as the links to additional career information. If you have additional questions, please contact the division advisor.
1700 E. O’Hara Road
(I-10 and S.R. 404)
Anthony, NM 88021
SUNLAND PARK CENTER
3365 McNutt Road
Sunland Park, NM 88063
WHITE SANDS CENTER
White Sands Missile Range,
EAST MESA CENTER
2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
Las Cruces, N.M. 88011
Why Choose Doña Ana Community College?
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen DACC:
- It’s student-oriented
- It’s accessible to all
- It’s affordable
- It’s high-quality education
But that’s not all, DACC offers a full range of programs and career options. And because DACC is a college of New Mexico State University, many of the courses taken here can also be used to fulfill degree requirements at the university. It’s hard to go wrong when you choose DACC. Just ask any of our students.